QUESTIONING ENCOURAGED

Favorite game?

asortafairytale

Favorite game?

Post  asortafairytale on Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:02 am

Keeping with the theme of Avalon's movie thread, here's a video game one!
    Which is your favorite and why?

Right now my favorites are probably the Mass Effect series (I know right big surprise). Great plot, characters, gameplay...and you can replay it a grunch of times without losing interest.

After that is Half Life 2. It is impossible to find anything bad with that game.
    HolyArchangel

Re: Favorite game?

Post  HolyArchangel on Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:33 am

The Legend of Zelda. The series has always kept me interested and Link is probably one of my biggest inspirations. Not to mention they like to change up their art! Wind Waker is a prime example of that.
    asortafairytale

Post  asortafairytale on Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:18 am

Legend of Zelda used to be great. It too was my favorite series for a long time.
    I don't like the DS one, and I just can't stand playing a Wii (I got the Gamecube version of Twilight Princess).
    Quite frankly Nintendo has been pissing me off a lot. They haven't released a truly great game (that I can think of) for years that wasn't a re-release. And I detest the motion sensing gimmickyness of the DS and Wii.
    she

Post  she on Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:37 am

Zelda, mos' def. Particularly Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess.

The hand held games have never been as in depth as the console games, fairyT. Look back: Links's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons, Spirit Tracks; all of them fun games, with tricky puzzles to solve, but they're not high art. They aren't supposed to be.

I also like Assassin's Creed, but I've only watched it be played. I like Bioshock, but I haven't been able to finish it yet. *COUGHCOUGH*
    asortafairytale

Post  asortafairytale on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:33 pm

It's not just handheld games that I was referring to, it just so happens that the only Zelda games that have recently been released were handhelds. I really loved Oracle of Ages and Links Awakening; they reminded me of A Link to the Past. It was the DS ones that I disliked, mainly because of the overuse of the touchscreen and the kinda lousy storylines.

Nintendo has been going downhill. I was lamenting that this means the Zelda series is as well.
    F.M.H.B.
    Admin

Post  F.M.H.B. on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:38 pm

Yeah, Nintendo kinda sucks. But their E3 showing was really good this year. 3DS looks awesome. Very Happy

...yeah, but they still suck hard. Freaking Wii Play.

Also, I'm working on my list. It's just so hard. Sad
    asdfasdf

Post  asdfasdf on Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:44 pm

Shooter-wise I really really like Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Battlefield: 1943 :D

That's right Call of Duty noobcakes, I'm talking to you!
    HolyArchangel

Post  HolyArchangel on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:11 pm

Well the reason why people think the Wii sucks is because it "lacks good games". I've been playing the Wii and became a part of a community that explored more about the Wii. In reality the Wii's library is incredible. For example, we have No More Heroes 1 & 2, Zelda(I loved it), Metroid Prime 3, House of the Dead: Overkill, Brawl(now in the MLG), Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, RE: 4, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Sin and Punishment, Super Mario Galaxy, Madworld, Red Steel 2 etc. Not to mention the Wii titles that are coming out, such as, Zelda: SS, Metroid: The Other M, Kirby's Epic Yarn(Eat that graphic whores!), Goldeneye Remake, New Donkey Kong, and much more.

If anything, the motion sensor is a nice change in how you control your games. Sure, the same basic layout is fun, but tiring after a while. Also, 3DS waaaat?!
    she

Post  she on Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:15 pm

^Agreed

karatebabs

Well....

Post  karatebabs on Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:46 am

I don't play most video games because of the violence. Ask Riley Bryce and Casey...I love Mario Cart and Donkey Kong though...
    asortafairytale

Post  asortafairytale on Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:52 pm

OH man I can't believe I forgot to add this one: Fallout 3.
    Been playing it almost as much as Mass Effect this summer! Great story/setting; I always love a post-apocalyptic dystopia. Also, Galaxy News Radio.
    I can't wait for New Vegas. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epFupigyIN8

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:38 pm