QUESTIONING ENCOURAGED

A perfect example of power

she

A perfect example of power

Post  she on Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:19 pm

"She was talking about whether atheism was a religion or not, which belonged in the other section "About Atheism." So I moved hers and my replies."

I feel like this is a misuse of power. If she posted something in a certain place, she had a reason for it. I just don't think posts should be liable to disappear because you think it belongs elsewhere.

UNLESS you asked her first. If you did, I'm sorry and you can ignore this thread, even delete it if you want.
    F.M.H.B.
    Admin

Re: A perfect example of power

Post  F.M.H.B. on Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:28 pm

I don't delete threads. Ever.

And I'm sorry, but I didn't ask. I moved the replies because they fit in perfectly with the other conversation. They had no application on the one about whether atheists preach or not. Sorry if that's a misuse of power, but I'm just trying to keep the threads on topic.
    hippiefly

Post  hippiefly on Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:30 pm

If this is what about what I think it may be...I was hoping you'd do that, actually.
    HolyArchangel

Post  HolyArchangel on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:14 pm

I think, personally, if the posts are starting to tangent, moving them to respective threads is a great idea. If doing that serves to counter act the growth of the debate, then yes, it's abusing power.
    F.M.H.B.
    Admin

Post  F.M.H.B. on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:15 pm

HolyArchangel wrote:I think, personally, if the posts are starting to tangent, moving them to respective threads is a great idea. If doing that serves to counter act the growth of the debate, then yes, it's abusing power.

My thoughts exactly. So I did that. And it was applicable to another thread, perfectly.
    hippiefly

Post  hippiefly on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:17 pm

I really was hoping you'd do that. Which is kind of why I referenced it. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:21 am