21 users inactive in the last 7 days.
    19 users inactive in the last 21 days.
    16 users inactive in the last 28 days.
    13 users inactive in the last 35 days.
    9 users inactive in the last 42 days.
    6 users inactive in the last 49 days.
    4 users inactive in the last 56 days.
    2 users who have never logged on.

I want activity on this forum, but I also want understanding. The activity desire wants me to start systematically deactivating accounts inactive to a certain point, whereas the understanding desire wants me to just let all of them slide. Maybe not the two who have never visited, but almost everyone.

This, to be honest, is kind of a big thing in a way. I want input on why this is happening, and what we can do about it.

And disclaimer: I know RL comes first before computer time. It always should. If you ever find yourself shirking responsibility for anything online you need to seriously reexamine your priorities. But I do want to run a clean ship if this thing is going to happen, and I want input (as always) from you guys.

So, thoughts.
    asortafairytale

Re: Inactivity

Post  asortafairytale on Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:31 pm

I don't think that you should delete accounts for inactivity...that just doesn't seem like a good way to encourage discussion to me.

Zachariah Bryan

Post  Zachariah Bryan on Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:14 pm

Life life life. This is officially my second day in the entirety of the summer that I have had some significant time to myself. I would agree with asortafairytale; antagonism doesn't encourage or produce anything thoughtful. Just remind them that Colloquiam still exists and that if they feel like being thoughtful, the opportunity is there for them. Maybe alert them to any specific hot-button debates that they may be interested in being a part of. In the end, though, deleting them will mean they have to sign up again, which, after having been deleted, they most certainly will not do. Whether or not they come around should be up to them, even if it's a few months from now, and should not be barred in any way by the moderator.

And remember, nothing starts out popular, and usually groups of any kind will grind and halt a lot before they start chugging along at a smooth and frantic pace (we're just not witness to that beginning process usually). God knows I know that.
    F.M.H.B.
    Admin

Post  F.M.H.B. on Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:24 pm

Word. I feel bad. I didn't mean to come off as threatening. :/
    TheSpaniard777

Post  TheSpaniard777 on Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:24 am

Supp thoughtful peeps. SO! I'm here to explain my absences.

I've been hella bogged down with getting into college lately, plus I joined a BETA team for a massive overhaul mod to The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and that's been taking up a lot of my on the computer time.

Aside from that I've also just discovered Fable II, and have been dedicating a lot of free time to that and my lovely girlfriend.

I hope you all understand. ^-^
    F.M.H.B.
    Admin

Post  F.M.H.B. on Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:25 am

I always regret saying anything. :/
    F.M.H.B.
    Admin

Post  F.M.H.B. on Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:13 pm

You know what, I don't regret saying anything. The forum still isn't active.
    she

Post  she on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:28 pm

I try...

slknzoi

Post  slknzoi on Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:43 am

Is it possible to add RSS to the forum posts? I know I check my RSS daily, usually. And, if I had the forum posts being sent to my RSS I'd check in much more often. Could this be the case for other folks? If this is a viable option, do we know how to do this?
    F.M.H.B.
    Admin

Post  F.M.H.B. on Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:46 am

I'll work on figuring that out, but it doesn't look like there's any simple way to do it.

I did find an interesting way that would allow people to connect with their Facebook profiles. I'm going to work that up and figure out how to do that.

slknzoi

Post  slknzoi on Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:38 am

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:54 am