The Colloquium

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QUESTIONING ENCOURAGED

4 posters

The Colloquiarch

F.M.H.B.
    F.M.H.B.
    Admin

The Colloquiarch Empty The Colloquiarch

Post  F.M.H.B. Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:51 pm

The only reason I am admin is because I took the initiative to create the site. While I am reluctant to write this, it is in the best interest of the forum to provide for this and be open minded. If I cannot lead by example about being open to change, then how do I expect others to follow?

With this in mind I am opening up talk about how admin should be decided and what process we will use to change admin. Some sites I have been on have had it as a voting process every year or so, with the admin being essentially a president. I have had others that have a contingency put in for impeachment in case the admin goes haywire of anything of the like.

Now, I plan to do the best job with this site that I possibly can. It's my child. But if the will of everyone on the site is unanimous in me leaving, I would hand over admin rights to whoever then claimed them, however it was done. I would like to get suggestions on you guys from how else and admin change could be done by your standards. Thanks.
    HolyArchangel
    HolyArchangel

The Colloquiarch Empty Re: The Colloquiarch

Post  HolyArchangel Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:03 pm

Voting sounds fine. However, we have not progressed long enough to find a trustworthy admin. Allow the site to prosper a week or two more.
    hippiefly
    hippiefly

Post  hippiefly Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:31 pm

I would personally give it much more than a week. Although if you think you know the person well enough (since I'm sure you currently physically know every person on here) it is up to your discretion.
    she
    she

Post  she Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:34 pm

Bubbles, as you said, this site is your baby. You created it, you designed it, and you found people suitable for discussions to populate it. You are the one with the vision, and if anyone on this site want to grab that away from you, I say shame. If you insist on putting it to a vote, however, you have mine. And, I assume, the vote of most of the people on here (assuming they know anything about common curtesy). You ought to be in charge.
    HolyArchangel
    HolyArchangel

Post  HolyArchangel Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:44 pm

I agree with She. This your forum-site. That is why I only put myself up for Mod, not for Admin. I have confidence that you can run this forum just fine and that you can make the right decisions when it comes to choosing who's banned, who's flagged, who's moderator, and who's completely out of line. All I say is, don't let the power get to your head; power-hunger can cause a terrible downfall.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:52 am