The Colloquium

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QUESTIONING ENCOURAGED

3 posters

I think this sounds tasty:

asdfasdf
    asdfasdf

I think this sounds tasty: Empty I think this sounds tasty:

Post  asdfasdf Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:33 pm

she
    she

I think this sounds tasty: Empty Re: I think this sounds tasty:

Post  she Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:31 pm

Here's another way to solve the problem: have fewer babies. Want more children? Adopt. Want to get your genes out there? Sell your gamete.
    F.M.H.B.
    F.M.H.B.
    Admin

Post  F.M.H.B. Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:42 pm

Yes, abstinence is such a good solution. Why have your own child, of your own blood and lifeline, when you can adopt a child who may or may not work out and may be adopted by someone who can't create that most beautiful of all things, life?

And selling your genes isn't exactly viable at this point in history, nor is it easy.

We're people. We make babies. So does everything else. The point of life is to live, and procreation as a way to do that. We can't stop it. This is a solution.
    she
    she

Post  she Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:03 pm

1) Who said anything about abstinence? I just said don't have as many babies. Sounds like a job for condoms and the well placed abortion to me. Sex is fun! Go for it! Just be prepared to be safe and deal appropriately with the consequences when something unexpected happens.

2) Adopted children may not be your "flesh and blood" as you put it, but they are still your children. It's not like a babysitter or car- a child "works out" based on your parenting ability alone, not whether you have common genes.No, scratch that. When you have children, you shouldn't be thinking "I hope this works out." You should be thinking "I hope I'm as good a parent as I can be and don't screw up my kids in horribly detrimental ways."

And we are NOT going to run out of kids to adopt any time soon. China's baby limits, orphans, and idiot teenagers who were not able to "deal appropriately with the consequences" with provide us with plenty of children to adopt.

3) It really isn't that hard to donate sperm and eggs. I have a friend who has donated her eggs at least 8 times, and for a guy it's as easy as a lonely friday night.

In short: Yeah, we can't stop it, but we can be smart about it.
    F.M.H.B.
    F.M.H.B.
    Admin

Post  F.M.H.B. Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:14 pm

Wow, I didn't realize how much I hate abortion until you put it like that. Thanks. Very Happy

And sorry, you said genes, I didn't realize you mean sperm and eggs. I thought you meant gene donation. Again, sorry.

And you know, condoms aren't 100%.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:21 am