The Colloquium

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QUESTIONING ENCOURAGED

2 posters

C. Scottie

C. Scottie
    C. Scottie

C. Scottie Empty C. Scottie

Post  C. Scottie Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:35 pm

Username: C. Scottie
    Political Beliefs: Independent.
    Religious Beliefs: To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure they've got a name for what I've got.
    Other Hobbies/Interests/Etc.: Writing. Video/Tabletop Games. History. Good Humor. Irish Language/Culture. Music of the Patriots.
    Why did you come here?: It sounded like a solid way to talk to people about those subjects that need to be discussed, without having to worry about a hostile environment.
    What do you hope to gain?: Knowledge. Friends. Satisfaction!
    What do you hope to give?: Honest, thoughtful insights. Laughs.
    Anything else?: I'm open to any questions you've got for me. I don't get offended, so please, be honest and straightforward with me.
    F.M.H.B.
    F.M.H.B.
    Admin

C. Scottie Empty Re: C. Scottie

Post  F.M.H.B. Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:39 pm

Welcome, Mr. Scott! Very Happy

Would you mind trying to describe your religious beliefs to the best of your ability? You piqued my interest. ;D
    C. Scottie
    C. Scottie

Post  C. Scottie Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:58 pm

F.M.H.B. wrote:Welcome, Mr. Scott! Very Happy

Would you mind trying to describe your religious beliefs to the best of your ability? You piqued my interest. ;D

Heheh. Just for the record now, that's Scottie. Lord knows I have enough trouble with having two first names. Smile

I believe in a single, omnipotent God, not unlike the God praised by Christianity or Catholicism. However, most everything else that goes with those two ideologies I disagree with, such as the existence of a Hell or the fear of divine punishment. I do not believe in the Bible as a religious text, because while it was written by holy men, they are still human, and they can lie. I do think that God will listen if you pray, whether for answers or for peace of mind, but I do not believe he will or should interfere. If we truly are his children, then it is our duty to grow and explore the world on our own, and it is his duty to watch and give us peace where he can, much as a true father would do.

That is an admittedly rough synopsis of what I think are a few of the major beliefs generally contested between various religions. Care to be more specific in your line of questioning?
    F.M.H.B.
    F.M.H.B.
    Admin

Post  F.M.H.B. Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:06 am

So, that sounds kinda like a cross between deist and henotheism. Kinda. It's more just like theism. Haha. Too many isms.

By the way, should I push you, and then just touch you, till you can get your satisfaction? Or is that not allowed?
    C. Scottie
    C. Scottie

Post  C. Scottie Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:14 am

Like I said, I don't rightly know the popularized name for it. It's what I believe, and that's about all I can give it.

Curious phrasing, sir, baha, but there's no real method behind the satisfaction. If progress is made towards a better, more solid understanding of the topic, I'll be happy.
    F.M.H.B.
    F.M.H.B.
    Admin

Post  F.M.H.B. Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:11 pm

Sweet. ^_^ And that was a Benny Benassi quote form the song "Satisfaction." Lol. I like techno. Razz

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content