The Colloquium

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QUESTIONING ENCOURAGED

3 posters

Ebook readers:

asdfasdf
    asdfasdf

Ebook readers: Empty Ebook readers:

Post  asdfasdf Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:18 pm

I purchased my new Amazon Kindle recently and I'm quite excited that it is going to arrive two days before it's release date. I've received a lot of flak because people say that Ereaders are not real books. Honestly I think it's the future of books. Paper is in no danger of dying or becoming obsolete, but I think this is an incredible resource to organize my collection and purchase tons of cheap reading material. Thoughts on eBook readers?
    asortafairytale
    asortafairytale

Ebook readers: Empty Re: Ebook readers:

Post  asortafairytale Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:30 pm

I have a Kindle and I personally think that they are awesome. Besides the fact that reading it makes me feel futuristic and cool, books are cheaper on it, and often free. Sometimes it is easier to have an actual book (for instance, with textbooks) but really a kindle is just an ipod for books. It's really convenient.
    Avenger
    Avenger

Post  Avenger Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:20 pm

I don't think it will replace books for quite a while, if it ever does. There's something about actually being able to hold a book and turn the pages that is an integral part of the reading experience for me. Whether or not it's a "real" book - I won't judge. It's reading and communicating the idea that the author was trying to and that's all that counts in the end. I also hate reading giant chunks of text on a screen, but that's just a personal preference.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:53 am