The Colloquium

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QUESTIONING ENCOURAGED

3 posters

hey

Avalon
    Avalon

hey Empty hey

Post  Avalon Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:19 pm

Username:Avalon

Political Beliefs: disenchanted democrat. I'm a moderate liberal but to be honest I get frustrated with our weak leaders and the excuses they make.

Religious Beliefs: Christian. While I have a decent level of respect for the bible I see it more as a history than something that can be applied to modern society. The world has changed to much for a 2000+ year old book to still be considered truth. While I believe that the morals are still valid, to consider any text written by man infallible is very difficult to believe

Other Hobbies/Interests/Etc.: lets see....I love cooking, taekwondo, gardening and basically all music except country and whiny disney boys (I'm talking to you bieber :\ ) .Also I like video games, sports(world cup WOOO) and movie critiquing.

Why did you come here?: a good friend who I respect told me about this so I figured I would check it out. And after reading a few of the questions posted I'm glad I did.

What do you hope to gain?: new ways to view the world around me and the people who inhabit it. Hopefully in a good way.

What do you hope to give?: If you are willing to listen they I will do my best to share my knowledge but don't expect me to hold you hand.

Anything else?: I'm really glad to see that even though this will be a gathering spot for people who like to argue that so many seem like decent people. It is good to know that even in our generation filled with apathetic or entitled brats that there are still people asking the tough questions.
    hippiefly
    hippiefly

hey Empty Re: hey

Post  hippiefly Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:35 pm

Can I say how happy I am to hear that you recognise yourself as Christian but don't completely live your life blindly off the bible and look at it as more of a historical text. Definitely a breath of fresh air.
    Also, you seem like an interesting person and I'm the kind of person that likes to meet random new people. Very Happy
    she
    she

Post  she Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:39 pm

You sound similar to me, Avalon. I think it will be fun to discuss many things with you on the Colloquium. Smile
    Avalon
    Avalon

Post  Avalon Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:26 am

right back at you hippiefly Razz When I hear people say that they take the bible literally I just wonder how someone can believe that something so old is applicable to a modern world! I look forward to talking with you cause you sound like someone with a lot of deep thoughts Smile
    and she: do I sound similar? well I guess that means we are both pretty awesome! lets have good discussions!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:20 pm